Monday, May 24, 2010

Self-written Poem

"The Happy Days of the Past"

The scorching hot sun burns the ground
Boys of St. Joseph's Institution Junior does not mind the heat
Looking out to the balding soccer field
Four boys are seen kicking a Nike ball around
I was one of them

Drenched from head to toe
Three of them look at their friend kick the ball
The ball swirled through the air
It started falling back having reached the same level as the 4th floor of any
building

The ball drops, splashing mud onto the khaki shorts of the boys
Laughter can be heard
Those happy days of primary school are over now
Looking back at the beautiful memories
I open my eyes
Fresh pearls of tears flow like a river down my cheeks

Happy times are memorable
However, I have not forgotten
There is an end to all happy times
I close the photo album of beautiful memories
And leave it in a corner of my room
Never to be opened again.

No comments:

Post a Comment