Monday, May 24, 2010

Why I like "If You Forget Me"

You may wonder why I like this poem.
Firstly, let me tell you how it resembles Figurative Language.
In Figurative Language, there are Hyperboles, Personification, Metaphor, Similes, and many more! "Aromas, light, metals,were little boats" is an example of a simile. And "shall stop" is an example of personification.
Moving on to why I like this poem, it is because the poem gives me an opportunity to imagine, with descriptive words and phrases like "wrinkled body of the log" and "crystal moon". The poem is detailed and touching. The sentences which touches me includes: But
if each day,
each hour,
you feel that you are destined for me
with implacable sweetness,
if each day a flower
climbs up to your lips to seek me,
ah my love, ah my own,
in me all that fire is repeated,
in me nothing is extinguished or forgotten,
my love feeds on your love, beloved,
and as long as you live it will be in your arms
without leaving mine

No comments:

Post a Comment