Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Favourite Book

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5647132-necropolis

My Favourite Book is Necropolis, currently the latest book of the series "The Power of Five" One of the main reasons I like the book is because of the author, Anthony Horowitz. Anthony Horowitz is a good writer and the way he writes really keeps his readers in a world of their own, in the world of his book, he has a good writing technique. And the way he ends each chapter and book really leaves the reader deep in thought long after the book is closed. And he is able to describe the settings(imagery) in such an impressive way that his readers are able to see and imagine the settings. There is tension in the story and there is excitement most of the time when you read the book. Even when I lay in bed at night, I am still left thinking about his stories, in my mind, I still can see one of the “Old Ones” from the series “The Power of Five” flying and walking around, I can imagine the scenes, I feel my heartbeat increase! When I think about Anthony Horowitz’s stories, I can feel myself being part of the story.
Well, I am not a very enthusiastic reader, i have read less than 70 books in my life and Enid Blyton and Anthony Horowitz were the writers who were able to capture my attention and interest in reading. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment