Monday, April 11, 2011

Online Lesson Part 2

Thinking of the fun I had playing Maplestory with my classmates, I lay comfortably in my soft and comfortable bed, hugging my bolster, wrapping the blanket around myself, resting in bed comfortably. My eyelids started getting heavy... I started to fall asleep. All of a sudden, I felt the ground shaking vigorously. Few seconds later, my parents swung open my door, telling me,"Get out of your room!"
I immediately jumped out of bed, waiting for further instructions from my parents. I was confused and shocked, who would expect an earthquake to happen in Singapore? I have read about earthquakes before, but I never expected it to happen to me. My dad shouted,"Switch on the television, tune in to the news! NOW!" Breaking out of my daze, I followed his instructions.
"For the first time in history, an earthquake has hit Singapore. Citizens are advised to stay calm and hide beneath a table..."
"A tsunami is approaching Singapore, it is estimated to hit Singapore in approximately 25 minutes. Citizens of Singapore are advised to stay at high places, such as ..."
My dad shouted,"Faster! To the rooftop!"
Two days later...
It was only two nights ago that I was chatting with my best friend happily over the phone, watching television with my family, playing my favorite game.Yesterday, life still seemed so beautiful, so peaceful. But now... everything seems so different. Here I am, with other survivors of the earthquake and tsunami, sitting in a hall of a primary school. Two nights ago, I was still hugging my bolster, wrapped in my blanket, sleeping comfortably in my air-conditioned room. In the shelter, it is so stuffy, so dusty, I can hardly breathe. I shed tears of bitterness. I don't see any familiar faces in the shelter. I have not heard any news of my family members. Suddenly, it seems as though my life has been plunged into darkness... where I feel around... and I don't feel any objects around me... hear anything... or see anything! How am I going to live the rest of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment