Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ameneh Bahrami

In my opinion, if I were Ameneh Bahrami, I would try to show mercy by not blinding him in both eyes, but if I had the choice, I would very much prefer to have him jailed or blinded in one eye. This is because I hope he would understand the pain of having to live in a world of darkness, and also show to people that such actions would bring you no good.

Do you remember seeing someone throwing away someone's pencil away during primary school? And that boy just sat down and cried, while the mischievous one laughed at him? The mischievous one doesn't know how his classmate feel. He will never know. Till it happens to him. Then only will he understand completely. Well, Movahedi does not know how it feels like to be blind. He does not know how it feels like to not be able to see. It is hard for him to put himself in the shoes of Ameneh, unless he himself is blinded too. If he is jailed in a dark cell, he will feel the fear I feel. He cannot do much with his life, just like me. But it is cruel to blind somebody. God gave me a life, no man is perfect, except for Jesus. We sinned, but yet, God pardoned us, and forgived us. Thus I will try not to be too cruel towards Movahedi, but yet, not too merciful either.

It has been months. People of other countries have been watching me, for my decision. It is not often that such cases occur. It does not happen often in one's lifetime, to be able to hear of many of such situatiosn. And if all I do is to let him off, the public might think that it is an easy decision to make. Then immature youths might repeat the same mistake which Movahedi made. When that happens, there would be more victims. There would be more suffering. There would be more hatred. More revenge. There would be chaos. Thus, to prevent the future trouble, it is good to send shivers down the spines of those who have evil intentions within them.

I do hope to be God's child, but yet, I have to consider other factors. If I were Ameneh, my decision to show mercy, but not too much, is because I really cannot totally let him off. There is a price to pay for everything. But if I choose not to blind him in one eye, or put him to life imprisonment, it would be that I hope to have him by my side, or provide me with expenses. Because, that is what lets me carry on with my life, to be able to continue living. Because if I were her, I wouldn't be able to work. People would be scared away by my appearance. It would be hard for me to live. I cannot work anymore, thus he must provide me with money.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that Justin has successfully put himself into other people's shoes, which will help him greatly. Despite knowing that he himself will show mercy, he also considers the other factors present that may affect the consequences of mercy, as well as the impact it will have on others. It also shows that he knows that mercy should be shown to a certain extent, as he must also experience a form of loss to understand how others truly feel, as getting away scot-free may cause him to make the same mistake again.

    ReplyDelete