Friday, August 19, 2011

Comments

I had difficulties publishing my comments on my friends' blogs. As they said that my gmail account could not access the page. So, I am posting it here.

http://hci20112p419.blogspot.com/2011/08/online-lesson-12.html#comment-form
Comment 1: When I read your "Step 3" part, I feel that it was a rather convincing piece of writing. You involved thinking processes in your story, and this gave your reader a better understanding of what you are writing and assisted in the progress of the story. When you made your decision in the story, I feel that the story progressed rather smoothly. That was also a rather detailed and in-depth thinking of the element of logic.

http://2011hci2p412.blogspot.com/2011/08/reflection-on-la-speech.html
Comment 2: Well, actually when I was in Primary 6, I had problems in public speaking, just like you. However, in preparation for my PSLE Oral, my Chinese teacher told our class that we must learn to "read ahead" in the passage, which means, as you read a few words, you must be aware of the next few words which follows. This is a useful skill that would be able to bring us very far in public speaking. Because by doing so, scripts are just something we refer to, and we can look at the script less often. It can be applied to English. When we have mastered it and we no longer need to hesitate, we can "upgrade" our "scripts" to cue cards, and just write point forms on them and we can expand on the idea without having to even look at the card often. Thus these skills can help us to have more eye contact with our audience and make them feel as if we are really having a 1-to-1 conversation with them.

http://hci20101p425.blogspot.com/
Comment 3: Wow! Jun Jie, I feel that this is a fantastic piece of writing. It makes me feel as if I am there with you to open those gates! In my opinion, you did a rather good job in the description of the inner part of the building. But I think that you should also spend some time to describe the door. When you say "old", what characteristics are there of the door? Other than that, as I read towards the last sentence, I could feel that this scientist was probably an exceptional and special one! It brought me out of Singapore, to somewhere more foreign!

No comments:

Post a Comment