Sunday, February 27, 2011

"I'm grateful..."

I am grateful for having a complete family, a shelter over my head, and not needing to worry about where my next bowl of rice would come from.
Sometimes when I read the newspapers, there are children and teenagers with broken families. Some are orphans, some have only one parent. Whenever I read such articles, there are few possible cases:
-Both parents divorced because they could not get along
-One parent murdered the other, the living parent was jailed
-One parent passed away because of illness

The child sometimes turns to the underworld, and gets involved with gangs, fights and drugs. In other cases, the child is hardworking and good in his/her studies, but also has to help his or her parents earn some money.

I feel really fortunate, to have a complete family, kind and caring relatives,siblings and parents. I can have a peace of mind when I am studying, and my life is not too busy. When I was young, I thought I was just leading a normal life, and that it was too boring.

But when I hear of broken families, I start to imagine: How will my life be like without a complete family? Would my life still be what it is if my parents were gambling addicts?

I am really grateful for having a nice complete family.

No comments:

Post a Comment